Pinterest is a social network that is based on providing users' an exploration of the visual contents that appeal to their interests and share images or videos on their boards at the same time. The brands' reaching their target audience and interacting with them by communicating is the main target in social media marketing. Pinterest stands out in social media marketing as its rapidly extending its audience and being a social network in which the interaction with the target audience is very high.
Let's talk about the benefits that brands will have in social media marketing by using Pinterest. First of all, Pinterest is a platform that you'll gain advantage with your high users score in web site traffic. As a proof of this; we can say that it is more active in directing than other well-known social networks such as Google+, Linkedin and Youtube. Another benefit is that; you can provide backlink to your content with the Pın It button that is placed on your brand's web site. Although these links are nofollow, it is obvious that it will be assisting in directing the users to your sales page. The most important feature that Pinterest courts your brand in social media marketing is that Pinterest users buy more service or product compared to other well-known social networks.
Then, how can Pinterest be used effectively and helpfully in social media marketing? To answer this question the first thing to say is that you should move with prevalent work plan and a right strategy. Let's tal kabout the thing you should do to create a right strategy for your brand in Pinterest;
- Add Pin It button to your web site so that you will help you users to share your contents easily.
- You should inform about your Pinterest account on your other social accounts, so that you will raise you user count and attract users from other platforms.
- You should create special boards in your Pinterest account. It helps you increase the interaction by providing the users an access to your boards about the topics they are interested in and which will court your brand in marketing.
- You should use dominant colors and try to use the images that don't involve human faces. According to the researches; users pay more attention to dominant colors and the images that don't involve human faces in them.
- You should be active in Pinterest. Follow the target audience that you identified and pin their shares. The audience that you interact with will come back to your account.
- You can create boards about the topics that your target audience is interested in in Pinterest. You can make your users more interacted in your Pinterest account.
- You should place your web site's links and hashtags in your pin descriptions. While you can raise your web site's traffic with the links in your posts, you can also help users find your brand easily with the hashtags you use.
- Finally, you can also create video contents alongside the visual shares. Recently, it is seen that videos are alsoo effective in Pinterest, apart from the images.